Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Training

First of all I would like to apologize for the lack of pictures and videos in this blog. Sadly, I have left my camera cord at home and it is currently being shipped over here as I type.
These past few days have been full of early mornings, training and little to no sleep.

This past Sunday was my first day of costume training. First bit of training was practicing driving the tram.
For those of you who don’t know what the tram is, it is a 170 feet long vehicle (that can hold over one hundred guests) which transports guests from the parking lot to the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC). It also can go a whopping 13 miles per hour. 
Once guests have reached the TTC, they are officially 1 and a ½ miles away from the Magic Kingdom (they either take the monorail or the ferryboat to get there). So, pretty much I was introduced to my new “home” when I first arrived at the TTC.
Before I talk about what the rest of my training days were like, I will briefly cover the jobs that I do in Parking Operations. There are 2 main job types. One of them involves working in the parking lot parking cars and the other involves operating the tram and spieling on the back to guests about safety rules and details about the park. My assessment will be on Friday and if I pass I can officially take off the “Earning My Ears” Tab from my nametag.
Anddd that’s about it—Now back off to the parks! (Once again, enjoying the day off)

Have a magical day!

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."  -Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment